Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] is offline

Default A WEBTV'ER OF YORE ASKS ABOUT "Roast pork."

On 4/5/2016 1:44 PM, wrote:
> My mother used to make a pork roast, butt, and it was
> simmered until fork tender. In the resultant broth she
> would simmer extra wide noodles and it was delicious but
> for the life of me I cannot replicate this dish. She had
> no fancy spices or herbs nor was garlic or onions used in
> this dish. Does anything about this sound remotely familiar?
>
> I have Googled roast pork, pork roast, noodles, etc. with
> no satisfying returns. There are hundreds of recipes and
> some have ingredients I knew were not in her cupboard. Does
> any of this ring a bell with anyone here??

Well, it rings the dinner bell for me, dear heart. I oft recall the
lingering deliciousness of a fatass pork butt wafting throughout Sunset
Chateau, and dear Pleasance working merrily in the kitchen. Pleasance
revealed, in her micro-minnie, legs as long as boats may travel. Ah,
them were the good old daze.