Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doris Night[_3_] Doris Night[_3_] is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:00:32 -0400, William > wrote:

>What is your method of rotating foods including leftovers into the
>refrigerator and out to be eaten or dumped into the garbage?
>
>William

I keep a black marker in my kitchen drawer, and whenever I open
something and only use part of it, like a box of chicken stock or a
jar of pasata, I write the day I opened it on the top of the
container. Boxed stock is supposed to be used within 2 weeks of
opening, so this way you don't have to worry about remembering when is
has to be used.

Doris