Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 7:00:43 AM UTC-6, BigC300 wrote:
> What is your method of rotating foods including leftovers into the
> refrigerator and out to be eaten or dumped into the garbage?
>
> William

Expiration dates are basically for the sellers/manufacturers of food products. Notice many are called "best sold by" dates! Meaningless as far as food integrity is concerned, most times. Just means it's the best estimate by which a food product would not come up to whatever standards the seller/manufacturere wants it to be. I use my own best judgement as to whether a food product is fit to put in my mouth, thank you very much!!

John Kuthe...