Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dusty[_4_] Dusty[_4_] is offline

Default Sourdough article in NYT

On 29-Mar-16 10:52, graham wrote:
> On 29/03/2016 9:20 AM, Dusty wrote:
>> On 23-Mar-16 19:47, graham wrote:
>>> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>>> people's lists.
>>> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

>> An interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting it, Graham.
>>
>> Dusty

> You're welcome. It reminded me to feed my starters. I often leave them
> for 2 or 3 months between feedings that are then rejuvenations:-)
> The rye starter is interesting. I went on a couple of courses offered by
> the local tech college that has a well-known culinary faculty. The head
> baking instructor gave me some of his 100% rye starter and it's
> descended from that. When I rejuvenate it, there is very little activity
> from the first 2 feedings but the 3rd is very vigorous.
> Graham

Wow! I sometimes do "leave" mine...but usually never more than
approaching a week. It always seems to bounce back & continue as if I
loved it all the time.
Tomorrow I'm going to use it in some oatmeal-cranberry cookies. They
usually come out pretty good...but I'll keep y'all posted.

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh