Thread: Easter wines
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster

Default Easter wines

The italian in laws visited to spend time with their grand daughter. gave me lots of time to cook all day , every day , and serve nice wines:

Pouilly fume calvet 2014: ***

My newfound interest atm is Pouilly Fume. This one is pretty intense, nicely textured, quite acidic, which is normally not a good thing. A bit grassy, but this that dog pee grassy thing I often get in SAuv. Blanc. But when I had it with tomato sauce something clicked. Chards do not work with that. this one was great. Need to check out more.

Pouilly fume, another not important brand 2014: **

This is a step under the calvet. I bought it for cooking, and tasted a bit. it is less intence, and lacks that nice texture.

bourgogne pere et fils 2013 ***

Revisiting the most popular wine from the Burgundy tasting. It is still powerful for a burgundy, like oversdeas, but more sour.

Les Quarts CdR 2012 ****

Quite surprising. smoky and sour like northrhone, except it doesnt even have syrah in it. Not licoricy like grenache often is.

Cornas Courbis Les Esquits 2004 *****

Now I've had all 3 installments of their cornas 2004. this is hte midtier. it seems more mature than sabarote and the lesser champelrose.

Castelgiacondo brunello 2003 *****

People started talking about its dead 5 years ago. its still not dead, even stored some years in my living room.

Rozes LBV 2009 ****

very surprising. I have this controversial opinion that all port tastes pretty much alike, within their designation. sometimes one tastes like it has the wrong name on it (like offley colheita tasting like a lbv), but still This one was significantly different from anything Ive had before, even other rozes LBVs other vintages. smoky, spicy, like half burned cigarbox. after adding mon cheri.

Don Guido P.X. 20y ***

I got this together with the 5+5 rum that aged in the P.X casks.
Crazy thing. moscavado sirup . cleaning the glass, the water had a normal sherry color.