Posted to rec.food.sourdough
graham[_4_] graham[_4_] is offline

Default Sourdough article in NYT

On 29/03/2016 9:20 AM, Dusty wrote:
> On 23-Mar-16 19:47, graham wrote:
>> Posted here in the perhaps vain hope that this group is still on
>> people's lists.
>> http://tiny.cc/bfpaay

> An interesting and well written article. Thanks for posting it, Graham.
>
> Dusty

You're welcome. It reminded me to feed my starters. I often leave them
for 2 or 3 months between feedings that are then rejuvenations:-)
The rye starter is interesting. I went on a couple of courses offered by
the local tech college that has a well-known culinary faculty. The head
baking instructor gave me some of his 100% rye starter and it's
descended from that. When I rejuvenate it, there is very little activity
from the first 2 feedings but the 3rd is very vigorous.
Graham