Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Betty Crocker Scissors

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:59:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1> wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> >> broke
> >> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they
> >> were
> >> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty
> >> Crocker
> >> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
> >> cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound
> >> up
> >> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> >> scissors to cut it.
> >>
> >> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a
> >> dollar
> >> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> >> Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
> > foods.

> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.

As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.