Posted to alt.food.sushi
[email protected] watskyratsky@gmail.com is offline

Default a different kind of uni?

When I used to get live sea urchins at the fish markets in NYC many of them were empty of roe and many of the others had very little in them. Only a few were really good and full of roe, and even those weren't as full as the ones I see people opening up on the videos. I never could figure out how to select the good ones. Could it be that they were pre sorted and the good ones had already been removed? The orange uni from them was the best though - and I bet it would be even better fresh from the ocean!