sergio sbigfive

I use quite a bit of basil, during the summer and fall it is not a problem,
but here in Wisconsin it is hard to keep a plant alive,
During the season, when there's a lots of leaves, I pick them and I chop
them up in a food processor with some olive oil and to keep them looking
green I add a few spinach leaves ( Chlorophyll ), I put them in freezer bags
lay them flat in the freezer ( about 1/4 to 3/8 thick )and when I need some
basil I unzip the bag and break off a chunk of basil, It is better than the
dried one.
If I want some pesto I defrost one bag, chop some nut meat or pinoli add
some garlic salt mix it in the food processor and add the defrosted basil
last, here is where the spinach do make it green
Sergio