Scott

In article >,
> wrote:

> from the FAQ: "Announcement of professional products or services on Usenet
> is allowed, provided suitable restraint is exercised."

I can selectively quote, too. Here's the rest of that paragraph:
"Since someone else is paying the phone bills for this, it is important
that it be of overall benefit to Usenet. One of the few groups where
such information is appropriate is comp.newprod. comp.newprod is a
moderated group; you can get the submission guidelines from the article
"Welcome to comp.newprod", posted periodically to comp.newprod and
news.answers."
and
"There exists an alternative hierarchy called "biz" specifically for
commercial postings."

> and as per it's explanations of posting to any group I'm not creating spam
> in any way shape or form.
> reasons
> 1. posted to an appropriate group FOOD, BAKING.

A group about how to bake, not about selling baked goods.

> 2. only posted in one group so no screams about cross postings

No one did. But not cross-posting is not itself a "Get Out of Jail Free"
card.

> 3. no where did it say that a posting offering to sell or service something
> was not allowed in an rec. group.

Because the very definition of what a "rec." group is is more basic than
that--the FAQ tells you to find out what the groups are for.

please mail OT responses only