Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Donald[_4_] Donald[_4_] is offline

Default Sourdough with an automatic bread maker?

Since there has been some posts here from real sourdough enthusiasts,
I thought I'd try posting this question.

Has anyone here found a way to use an automatic breadmaker to make
sourdough bread?

I see them at thrift stores for less than $10 on almost every visit,
and some are complete with instructions and even unused!

The problem I see is the rise time of sourdough being way longer than
what can be set in a bread maker. I;m not sure how to get around that
limitation so I've always made my sourdough bread using my stand mixer
for the basic mixing and hand kneading for working the dough between
rises, then the oven for the final part of it.

If there isn't enough activity here I can try the Fresh Loaf site and
the Facebook group someone mentioned here (I joined it).

Donald