Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Mia - the official RFC ferret

On 1/20/2016 12:49 PM, Gary wrote:
> Thanks to Janet UK for that comment. It made me smile.

It's too bad the RFC web site isn't maintained these days. There's a
section for RFC pets and Mia's picture certainly belongs there.

> The vet told me that she's old and just wearing out. Nothing to fix
> with her. She is overweight and vet said, no need to starve her at
> this point, just try to feed a bit less and try to make her exercise a
> bit more. As her time is limited, no need to make her miserable with
> dieting, etc.

Oh please, put her on a diet and get her to exercise? Mia is the
equivalent of 90, right?! I wonder if her vet will be on a diet and
jogging around the block at that age. Heh.

I take it as a good sign that Mia is still interested in food. In my
(admittedly limited) experience, the time to get concerned is when pets
show *no* interest in any kind of food.

> Anyway...she's still fine. I just wanted to thank ALL of you here
> that wrote with support. It's a hard time here for me (and more for
> her). It's a day to day thing...somedays good and somedays not so
> good.

I'm sure a lot of us know exactly how you feel. She's family.

> http://i68.tinypic.com/21n381x.jpg Pictures taken this morning. See
> what I mean that she just doesn't look so well?

She looks like she's feeling her age. As long as she's not in pain,
keep her close and keep her comfy. I know you do. My thoughts are with
you.

Jill