Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Fun Vintage Item

Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
of family cooking history.

http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
seem to be still good and sharp.

According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
priceless.

Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?

Jill