Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default "Stop Telling Me to Make My Own Lunch" - Slate

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/s...healthier.html

>> To see the article you need to be a member of slate plus. Cost $5 a month or
>> $55 a year. Not worth it for one article.
>>
>> Robert

> If that's a problem with any here, I can copy and post the text. The 2
> pictures were of some crappy looking homemade sandwich and the other
> was some super nice purchased sandwich. The article basically telling
> you that you don't really save lunch money by bringing your own lunch
> to work.

They'd be wrong. I never took crappy homemade sandwiches for lunch. I
took leftovers like pot roast with gravy & veggies to be heated in the
microwave. My co-workers, OTOH, always came back from their lunch break
with bags from some fast food joint that cost them at least $5 a pop.
(Meanwhile, I paid just over that for the entire home made pot roast
meal, not just what I brought for lunch.) Then they'd complain about
not having any money.

Jill