Posted to rec.food.cooking
MisterDiddyWahDiddy MisterDiddyWahDiddy is offline

Default Using a Induction hot plate as a slow cooker

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 8:24:55 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 4:27:10 PM UTC-5, horusprim wrote:
> > I am thinking on a buying a induction hot plate from Amazon.com
> > (http://www.amazon.com/Max-Burton-600...-Induction/dp/
> > B000MVN1M6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top).
> >
> > I wanted know if there was any reason I could not use it as a
> > makeshift heat in a slow cooker application? In other words, place a
> > cast iron dutch oven, with the slow cooking food, on the induction hot
> > plate. Next, leave and go to work. Then come back to a hot meal.

> Do you know that you can actually buy a NUWAVE Pressure Cooker that works on an Induction hot plate? The Pressure Cooker does slow cooking, faster.

This one is aluminum, so it wouldn't work on induction, but it's little
and kinda cute.

http://www.target.com/p/imusa-alumin...l/-/A-10827938

https://www.facebook.com/PetrieMuseu...53715638470406

--Bryan