Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default For Channuka Cauliflower Pancakes

I hope it works this time. didn't get it copied the first time.

Here is a recipe for a cauliflower pancake that can be used instead of the
usual potato pancakes eaten at Channuka. I woudl skip the sauce and use
the more traditional either apple sauce or sour cream(in moderation, of
course:-)

I have used cauliflower as a potato substitute in those fauxtatoes that
were much discussed here some time ago. I am swondering about reducign
the 4 Tbs of either flour or cornstarch and wonder if you have any
suggestions for something to kind of hold the mixture together.

I am sending the URL, rather than the recipe because , when I tried to
copy the text it just didn't print the whole thing. I do plan to try
these this year for the holiday, and may even see if my non-vegetable
eating granddaughters might like them:-)

http://www.thekosherchannel.com/cftk-ch2.html

It ight be nice to exchange all kinds of holiday foods that we have found
to substitute for many of the very carby and heavy traditional ones.
Everyone has carb issues at holiday time, so lets share our wisdom,
gathered over years of substitutions!!!It needn't be all paleo low, but
any sizeable reduction in carbs , and for those interested, calories, will
help with our bgs at this challanging time of the year.

Wendy