Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lenona321@yahoo.com is offline

Default Baked goods: Calculating your cost

> The following is also from a 1992 issue of the "Tightwad Gazette" - Amy was comparing the costs of different breakfasts.

She said, in the same article, that even in a busy family like hers, being well-organized helped them avoid convenience breakfast foods - one person can get a double batch of muffins in the oven in fewer than 20 minutes.

"Then, take your shower while they're baking. We always make extra and freeze the surplus for days when we don't even have time to make oatmeal.

"Most of our breakfasts cost 10 cents or fewer per serving. (That's 17 cents in 2014.) If a family of four chooses breakfasts that cost 10 cents per serving over breakfasts that cost 25 cents per serving, it will save $219 per year ($364.04 in 2014)."

Lenona.