Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Study reveals cheese is as addictive as drugs,Cheese is asaddictive as drugs

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 2:30:18 PM UTC-4, Travis McGee wrote:
> http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...022-story.html

> Cheese happens to be especially addictive because of an ingredient
> called casein, a protein found in all milk products. During digestion,
> casein releases opiates called casomorphins.
> See the most-read stories in Life & Style this hour >>
>
> "[Casomorphins] really play with the dopamine receptors and trigger that
> addictive element," registered dietitian Cameron Wells told Mic.

I suppose that like many addictions, some individuals are more
susceptible than others. I find cheese to be a convenient source
of protein, but I'm not one of those people who feels everything
is better with cheese on it.

Or perhaps I just get my fix with my breakfast glass of milk.

Cindy Hamilton