Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Don't Want Survival Food? How about this?

On 10/17/2015 12:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:22:30 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Hello Fresh boxed food delivery:
>>
>> https://www.hellofresh.com/storytell..._campaign=US-S[01_01_00_00]%3A%20HelloFresh%20%28USA%29&utm_term=hellofresh
>>
>> ooops, tiny url:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/pmdamxd
>>
>> Shall we talk?

> There are a bunch of these services. You pay 4-6x as much for food as
> you would if you'd just shopped and prepped the food yourself. There
> are much better options if you're just trying to avoid those 2 things.
>
> -sw

They don't even do the prep. They just drop off a box of overpriced
"local" food with a recipe. You still have to do all the work.

"And that’s exactly why we connect you with local suppliers, ensuring
that produce goes from their farm to your fork in the shortest time
possible. From ToJo Mushrooms, our esteemed mushroom farmer, to Murray's
Chickens, our sustainable chicken farmer, you can be sure you’ll be
eating the best."

Sorry, I don't know ToJo the esteemed mushroom farmer nor do I know
Murray or his chickens. Get back to me when you can tell me the name of
the gal who sells me eggs.

Jill