Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

In article >,
says...

> On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 13:27:52 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
> wrote:
>
> >Fish fingers are an abomination unto the Lord. Ground up processed fish trimmings
> >lovingly smashed and trashed and coated with whatever is at hand.
> >Then they are heated until they are half-burned and then frozen and packaged.
> >Yuck!!!

> It figures that you think fish fingers can only be highly processed
> cheap crap. They don't have to be, you know.

The fish in Birds Eye UK fish fingers, is 100% cod fillet.
The coating is breadcrumbs.

I served them to my grandchildren last week for their tea, baked in
the oven, with cheesy potato (some left over mashed potato, sprinkled
with grated cheddar and baked till golden); peas, and fresh tomatoes.

Janet UK