Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.barbecue
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default TRUE Mystery Meat

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:30:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> Bottom right of picture - I got this when cleaning out a friend's
>> deceased father's house. No idea what animal(s) it is. The company's
>> information on the web says they do deer and boar processing along
>> with taxidermy of any animal with legs. What you see is all the
>> information I have about it so it could literally be anything and
>> everything.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>
>> Some of the best sausage I've ever had. No gristle, slightly leaner
>> than supermarket sausage, and the spices are right on. I suspect it's
>> mostly venison since there were also a bunch of cryovaced steaks in
>> the freezer, probably mixed with pork and/or pork fat. But it tastes
>> like 100% hog - no gamey flavor at all.
>>
>> Now I'm kicking myself in the head for not taking the other 6 packages
>> (about 2lbs in each package) - we had to throw those away. I would
>> gladly share some of it with Sheldon.
>>
>> The bacon and hamburger are for National Cheeseburger Day (that's
>> today). I'm too cheap to pay the $20 for the 3-pound burger at
>> ****rudders when I have all the ingredients in my freezer.
>>
>> -sw

> I would have bet you were going to tell us that meat is the deceased
> father. hehe

No, it eats like this:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2011/04/0...enis-pancakes/

Your reporters in Taipei recently stumbled across a food vendor that
sells a corn dog-like concoction made by baking a sausage, coated in
hotcake batter, in a special iron grill shaped like a penis.

The Taiwanese customers who visited the shop seemed to have no qualms
about this startlingly detailed ‘penis dog.’ While we were there, we saw
a number of people casually nibbling on their penis while walking along
the busy street. We noticed that they seemed to be particularly popular
with children and high school-aged girls; the latter of whom would
purchase one penis to share among two or three friends.

You’ve got to admire the vendors, who seem to have no reservations about
selling such raunchy treats in the middle of one of Taiwan’s busy
shopping districts. Plus, at a mere $1.50, the price of this penis just
can’t be beat.

<SMOOCH!>