Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taco salad shells

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> So where did I go wrong? Should I have oiled the tortilla? Baked it at
>> different temp.? Thanks.

> I would Google it and look at 3-4 hits and see what they say.
>
> Just guessing here, I think some of the others are correct in saying
> that they need to be fried.
>
> To cook in the oven, I would try lightly oiling them, press into the
> mold and then bake at a higher temp than 350 for less time. I would
> try 450-475
>
> You just need to experiment and you'll get it right.

I have since looked and it said 375 for 10-15 minutes. I did not time mine
but I would say more like 4-5 minutes at the most. Also the pics that I see
online are quite dark. I feared burning so took them out when they were
just beginning to brown. At any rate, everyone loved the taco salads and
the other two loved their Seahawks Nachos. Albertsons sells various colored
chips, freshly made.