Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ken K. Ken K. is offline

Default In search of Darjeelings

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 2:09:46 PM UTC+2, Joanne PR wrote:
> This past week I received 2015 First Flush Black Teas from Teabox and GoldenTipsTea and 3 White FF Darjeelings.
> So far, I have been alittle underwhelmed with them.
> They did not measure up to the First Flush Black teas from Silvertipstea I received last year. They have not received their FF yet.
> The leaves have been broken(and small) and not as fragrant

Haven't posted here in a while, and I'm a little late but I've been somewhat underwhelmed with this years DJs offerings as well; no matter where I got them from. Maybe there's some good stuff available somewhere but so far no real luck. OTOH I've tasted some remarkable 2015 FF leaves from Nepal, some Jun Chiabaris, Guranses and a wonderfully complex Sakhira. If it goes on like this our friends in Darjeeling have even more to worry about.