Posted to rec.food.cooking
Travis McGee Travis McGee is offline

Default You're eating sushi all wrong! Tokyo sushi chef teaches properway to eat sushi

On 9/9/2015 11:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 22:13:14 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 22:45:43 -0400, Travis McGee wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...828-story.html
>>>
>>> You're eating sushi all wrong! Tokyo sushi chef teaches proper way to
>>> eat sushi

>> Last thing people need to hear is somebody pontificating over how to
>> eat certain foods. As long as you're not being an annoying slob to
>> other around you, eat anything you want any way you damned well please
>> and keep your opinions to yourself.

> BTW, that last bit wasn't directed at you, Travis. That was for the
> whatshisface sushi chef.
>
> One thing that does bug me is watching people picking up food with
> chopsticks and trying to eat only a portion of whatever's on the end
> - whether it's sushi, a chicken wing, or a pickle. Either cut it on
> your plate and pick up what you intend to eat, or use your damn hands
> to pick it up.
>
> -sw

No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even about
how to eat food, this forum notwithstanding.

I personally never use chopsticks. Due to damage to my elbow from sports
in my youth, I can't adequately employ them. I always ask for a knife
and fork, or, use my fingers.