Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Boutique Moroccan Mix - cHarissa

From NYTimes food section, 8/31/15: "Challah and Brisket, Rethought for
Rosh Hashana"

"To Season: Moroccan Sauces Delightfully Complex

"At age 88, Earl Fultz of Cutchogue, N.Y., and his wife, Gloria
Elmaleh, 85, who was born in Morocco, started commercially bottling and
selling the Moroccan sauces and spices she had been concocting at home.
Though she died last year, Mr. Fultz, now 91, soldiered on and even
expanded the business. Charissa, their brand, won a best-in-category
award at this summers Fancy Food Show. The condiment, with a simple
ingredient list and no preservatives, comes in two forms, original and
€świth a kick.€ť Both are more complex and less fiery than genuine
harissa, the North African sauce. The sauces are oily, with a nubbly
texture. The spice blends will season food without smothering; the one
with the kick has more bitterness: Charissa Moroccan Seasoning, $12 for
8 ounces, Charissa Spice Rub, $6 for 2.5 ounces, charissaspice.com."

They also won an enterprise award from Wells Fargo last year:

http://tinyurl.com/pslbcyf

I'm assuming that's how they got the website, and the relative easy
ordering/shipping. We got a jar of both the seasoning and the rub.
They smell fantastic. The wife is marinating some chicken in the
seasoning now. Will keep you apprised.