Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Creamsicle ice cream soda

On 9/5/2015 8:48 AM, Gary wrote:

>> But they make the best vanilla ice cream

> They are good but they know it and it's very overpriced, imo.
>
> Try Turkey Hill ice cream sometime.
> Their plain Vanilla is very tasty and creamy.
>
> In the past week, I bought both brands to compare.
> Yesterday, I did a side-by-side comparison.
>
> Turkey Hill vanilla was very tasty and creamy.
> The Haagen-Dazs vanilla bean was also good.
>
> If you rate ice cream on a scale on 1-10. If the Haagen-Dazs
> is a 10, the Turkey Hill would be a 9-10.
>
> I keep tasting one or the other back and forth and the taste is
> hard to pick out the difference.
>
> Here's the real difference though.
>
> Haagen-Dazs cost 25 cents per ounce
> Turkey Hill cost 5 cent per ounce.
>
> No more "cool kid" Haagen-Dazs for me.
>
> G.

Score is 13 to 6. This is what made me decide to pay a bit more.

Turkey Hill
Ingredients: MILK, CREAM, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, WHEY, NONFAT MILK,
CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, VANILLA, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, CARRAGEENAN,
VANILLA BEAN.

Hagen Daz
cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, ground vanilla beans, vanilla extract