Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Creamsicle ice cream soda

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Scoop of Hagen Daz Vanilla bean ice cream.

> But they make the best vanilla ice cream

They are good but they know it and it's very overpriced, imo.

Try Turkey Hill ice cream sometime.
Their plain Vanilla is very tasty and creamy.

In the past week, I bought both brands to compare.
Yesterday, I did a side-by-side comparison.

Turkey Hill vanilla was very tasty and creamy.
The Haagen-Dazs vanilla bean was also good.

If you rate ice cream on a scale on 1-10. If the Haagen-Dazs
is a 10, the Turkey Hill would be a 9-10.

I keep tasting one or the other back and forth and the taste is
hard to pick out the difference.

Here's the real difference though.

Haagen-Dazs cost 25 cents per ounce
Turkey Hill cost 5 cent per ounce.