Nancree

Default Real (simple) way to cook moist delicious hamburgers!

The real secret to making very good hamburgers is this:
DON'T start with frozen beef patties !!!!
Two or three generations of people are accustomed to taking a frozen beef patty
and cooking it, and wondering why it comes out dense and dry. .
You don't have to discontinue frozen patties entirely. BUT they must be
defrosted first, fluffed up with a fork, seasoned (salt, pepper and a dash of
Worcestershire is good) , --and gently patted back together. Don't squash them
with a spatula while cooking. Turn only once.
And the best ground round to buy is with 15% fat ! Keeps it moist. Pure
ground sirloin is disappointingly dry.
I had a neighbor who kept complaining about all other hamburgers, but loved
mine. I said, I'll give you a test, here are two hamburgers, tell me which you
like best. He said, Obviously, it's This one (not frozen)--where did you buy
the meat?
When I told him it was the same package of meat, just one was cooked from
frozen patties that had not been re-shaped--well, he couldn't believe it.
Some restaurants advertise bigger 1/3 pound burgers, but they pad them with
bread crumbs,--which doesn't help at all.
Don't cook frozen patties !!
Nancree