Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: savigny les beaune

Haven't posted many notes lately, in spite of a plethora of great wines
this summer, and I keep thinking about it. But this time, right next to
the computer as in town for a few days, and for a going away dinner
opened this Arnoux Pere et Fils Savigny-Les-Beaune "Les Pimemtiers" 2011,
with roast poussin stuffed with wild rice and grapes.

A lovely mature dark fruit pinot nose upon opening, and initially quite
mature tasting before opening into fresh pinot cherry with layers of herb
and sous-bois. Clean and straight forward with decent length. Really an
enjoyable Arnoux and a great bargain for anyone who can find it, I think
we paid Mme around 12 EU for it. Will age but too enjoyable now to leave
hanging around.

-E