Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

On 2015-08-25 5:10 PM, wrote:

> My mother's mother prided herself on staying up to date, so she was
> always clipping recipes from magazines and the daily paper. Winners
> she kept in her recipe file, with a short notation. But she usually
> cooked the good old favorites. Except for making jam in season, she
> had quit canning by the time we grandkids came around.

My mother quit canning about the time we got a chest freezer. After
that, things got frozen.

> When I was a kid, the weekly food section provided a week's worth of
> menus, with recipes for the trickier dishes. I wonder how many moms
> put their family's dietary fate in the hands of the food editor every
> week.

There are a lot of good recipes that come from newspapers. The Toronto
Star has been a great resource for me. That is where I got my recipe for
Seville Orange Marmalade and Thai Curried Chicken.