Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

On 8/25/2015 5:10 PM, wrote:

> When I was a kid, the weekly food section provided a week's worth of
> menus, with recipes for the trickier dishes. I wonder how many moms
> put their family's dietary fate in the hands of the food editor every
> week.

I've got quite a few old clippings in my mom's recipe box. I sure don't
remember her putting too much of our fate in their hands, though. I'm
sure she clipped them with every intention of giving them a try
sometime. That rarely happened. I tend to think she was probably
hungry when she was reading that section of the paper on Sunday morning,
so out came the scizzors.

Jill