Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

On 2015-08-25 1:13 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> My grands were all born in the 1800s, so you can well imagine that
> they knew how to cook and ate real food. Fortunately, the knowledge
> was passed onto my mother who was an excellent cook.

As were mine. My maternal grandmother was the youngest of them, born in
1900. They ate real food, but they had a much more limited diet than we
enjoy these days. My mother's father was a much better cook than her
mother. He was the one who prepared the holiday meals and he was the
one who did all the cooking. My other grandmother was a passable cook
but had an extremely limited repertoire. She had a weekly menu, by which
I mean that she cooked 7 different dinners. There was the Monday night
menu, the Tuesday night menu, the Wednesday night menu..... It was the
same thing every week.