Brian Macke

Default Whiskey & Plastic

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:29:27 -0800, Betsy wrote:

> I beg to differ with you on one point. Rubbing alcohol is not the same
> as drinking alcohol. Drinking alcohol is ethanol. Rubbing alcohol is
> isopropanol, which is quite bad for humans to ingest. Almost-pure
> ethanol is available (Ever-Clear), and can be drunk, but is not rubbing
> alcohol.

Though that is a nice segue into the first time I bought 190 proof
Everclear and brought it home. I ended up putting it in a plastic bag.
Some Everclear leaked out of the bottle and melted parts of the plastic
bag. It was mildly disturbing, though I haven't experimented with it
enough to know if it'd eat through Saran Wrap.

(I don't drink the stuff, BTW. I use it as a disinfectant for equipment
that can't be put through a dishwasher.)

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which