The Cook

"graham" > wrote:

>"Isaac Wingfield" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Peggy" > wrote:
>>
>> > "Ryan" > wrote in message
>> > om...

>> > Yellow or white cake with lots of red coloring. Usually frosted with

>cream
>> > cheese frosting.
>> > here's a link to an image:

>> *Never* frosted with anything but a bechamel-sauce based frosting, IMO;
>> much lighter than a cream cheese frosting. And the cake is leavened with
>> a combination of baking soda and vinegar. I believe that is the original
>> recipe: "Waldorf Astoria Red Cake".
>>

>However you make it, it sounds absolutely disgusting!
>Graham

My mother used to make a Devil's Food cake with buttermilk and baking
soda (no red coloring) and I would not eat it for years because the
batter tasted terrible. I have since discovered that it is an
excellent cake.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.