Kenneth

On 15 Aug 2004 19:48:46 -0700, (jason molinari)
wrote:

>I had a pan of water in the bottom of the oven, as
>well as spritzing ever couple minutes for the first 8-10 mins.

Hi Jason,

Each of those cools the oven significantly... It takes an incredible
amount of energy to change water to steam. If that happens inside the
oven, it just takes heat energy that you want to go into the bread. To
get the benefits of steam, it must be generated outside the oven, and
conveyed into the oven. That is (usually) easy to do. Just let me know
if you would like to know more about the method...

All the best,

--
Kenneth