Wayne

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Preface: I don't have access to free-range eggs. There are no
> farmer's co-ops or anything like that near me and I've never seen them
> in the grocery stores near me.
>
> I went to buy some large eggs. I always open the carton to make sure
> they aren't cracked or broken. I noticed in every single instance,
> random checking of the cartons, all the *large* eggs appear to be
> quite a bit smaller than usual. Has anyone else run across this? Any
> idea why?
>
> Jill

LOL Like everything else, the product shrinks, the price stays the same!
<G>

Seriously, yes, I've noticed this from time to time. I've also seen
"mixed" sizes in the same carton. I assume, in that case, that the store
may have removed broken eggs and replaced them from another carton of not
the same size eggs.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.