Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
Dr. Edward Morbius Dr. Edward Morbius is offline

Default Snata Fe style steaks

Least coasters need not read any further, your stunted taste buds can
not handle this much flavor:

http://www.apronstringsblog.com/the-...hicken-breast/

FLAVORFUL FLANK STEAK FAJITAS

2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Zest from one lime (about 2 teaspoons full)
1/4 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a
zip lock bag with one flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds). Let stand on
counter 1 hour, turning occasionally. ( You can marinate in the fridge
overnight €“ I tried both ways with the same results.)

Remove meat from bag, wiping excess marinade off. Spray both sides of
meat with oil.

Grill meat over very high heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side according
to desired doneness. Remove meat from grill and let stand 10 to 15
minutes. Slice very thinly across the grain. Serve with grilled veggies
and tortillas.

NOTE: I MARINATED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH THE SAME ZEST MARINADE, WITH
GREAT RESULTS €“ JUST AS DELICIOUS AND TENDER AS THE FLANK STEAK.

€” posted by Donna