katie

Default potato scones

tried a new recipe today...errr...that is, i didn't really follow it, but i
got about the same result. it was in some allergy cookbook, so i got the
gist of it from there, and did the rest by improv. steamed & mashed some
potatoes, added flour, some earth balance, and some steam-fried green onion,
bit o' pepper & salt, mixed it all really well until it turned into a dough,
then made little patties and fried them up in a bit of earth balance. the
result was really delicious - not at all healthy, but definitely the kind of
thing i can cook for my grease-lovin' family. might be good with some
garlic added to the onion while steam-frying. ps, the recipe used olive oil
instead of e.b., and chives instead of onions. and those were called
scones, although what i ended up with reminded me of these potato pancakes i
had when i was younger. mmm...they'd be good with a dab of sour supreme on
them, but i found that fresh out of the pan, they had a very nice delicate
flavour all by themselves.