Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sweetened organic coconut flakes

I've become a coconut cream pie (CCP) junkie.

Trying to stay all organic, I bought some orgo unsweetened coconut flakes. But,
my CCP recipe calls for "sweetened" flakes. So, I went surfing:

<http://www.food.com/recipe/sweetened-coconut-flakes-442617>

I found this and am into the "dry on cookie sheet" stage. I'll make a
full pie, tonight. Pretty easy. Heat, then soak, sweetened flakes in
whole milk, then drain milk and use it to make classic pastry cream. Add
coconut back into pastry cream and fill blind baked pie crust.

<http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/coconut-cream-pie-107115>

I love the cream/coconut, but don't care about the topping. I don't
eat air.

nb