Bill Spohn

>Nope! Categorically refuse to buy any wine bottled under stelvin or worse
>still this abomination you describe, Michael.

This represents the reactionary end of the spectrum that says "The new closures
might cause some taint or degradation in the wine"

Of course that ignores the fact that corks undeniably DO cause the same thing,
and with a frequncy that many find unacceptable.

Me. I'm a fence sitter. I'd be delighted to see an end to TCA spoilage (I am
sensitive to it but so much that I can't try a wine that has it - you just
can't possibly evaluate a TCA affected wine). OTOH, I would not want to see an
alternative closure with it's own problems.

Time will tell, I suppose.