Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Apricot glaze baby backs

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:58:10 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

>Forget that KC luzer-Q - these are WINNING ribs!
>
>http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/g...pork-ribs.html

Those pics are definitely photoshopped... and still those ribs look
slimey.

>The resulting competition ribs have earned me a few trophies, but
>they're honestly not the kind I love most. You see, I'd rather use a
>simpler method and push the flavor with additional spices and heat, but
>that can be risky in a competition setting, since I don't want to take
>that chance on old fart judges with TIAD palates.

BBQ sauce serves one purpose and one purpose only, to hide the
flavor/texture of crap cooked ribs... sauced ribs are tantamont to
slathering a steak with Heinz red... if your ribs are better with
sauce, any sauce, they are only fit for a land fill. Concentrate on
cooking ribs, forget sauce.