Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Old copper pan

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:06:00 -0500, B. Server >
wrote:

>I'm curious. Looking at the first photo, there are two seams around
>the pan. Is the depth of the pan to the uppermost of the seams? Does
>it, perhaps, have a double bottom? The bottom for the contents at the
>upper seam and the bottom for the heat at the lower seam? It is just
>that I can't figure out the utility of the two circumferential seams.
>
>--bs

snippage

>>Link to photos of the pan
>>https://www.flickr.com/gp/koko181/PU088b
>>
>>koko

Nope, no double bottom. I can't figure out the top seam. It's only
visible from the outside of the pan as the new photos will show.

I just added two new photos to the album
https://www.flickr.com/gp/koko181/e6XFw2

The bottom of the pan is a separate piece that was welded? to the
bottom seam.

There is still a lot of cleaning to do, and I'll never cook with it,
but I wanted to show the bottom of the pan and how it's a separate
piece and the curve of it.
The photo without the lens cap is the inside. The bamboo skewer is
resting on the top of the curve. That's how high it is.

The bottom of the pan, with the lens cap showing the curve. The lens
cap is no way close to the skewer.

I'm intrigued as to what in the heck it is.

koko

James Beard