Posted to rec.food.cooking
B. Server B. Server is offline

Default Old copper pan

I'm curious. Looking at the first photo, there are two seams around
the pan. Is the depth of the pan to the uppermost of the seams? Does
it, perhaps, have a double bottom? The bottom for the contents at the
upper seam and the bottom for the heat at the lower seam? It is just
that I can't figure out the utility of the two circumferential seams.

--bs