Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Prum, Barde Haut, Breton, Garnier, etc

Betsy got back from China/Japan tour, and chose hot dogs as her first meal back in US. With broccoli salad, green salad, and the 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett. Lemon/citrus and green apple, tiniest hint of petillance at first, light sulphur, both disappear. Good mouthfeel, moderate sweetness and good length. B+

Thursday we went to a gathering of old friends in Riverdale. I made poached shrimp ( from Bon Appetit, Y'all) and the hosts provided assorted dips, smoked paprika grilled chicken, potato salad with black olives, & salad

Nino Rustico Prosecco

Light, crispy, quite pleasant. B

2012 Garnier Mont de Milieu Chablis 1er

CT notes complain of oak, don't really get that, but this is definitely on the ripe/sweet fruit end of the Chablis spectrum. Tasty popular wine. but could use some minerality. B

2000 Barde-Haut (St Emilion)

(mag, double-decanted) Sweet ripe Merlot fruit, a bit of mocha, ,mid bodied, still some tannin. Straightforward more St-Em. B/B-

Friday skirt steak, portabellos, cumin-accented chard, and salad.

2008 Breton "Nuits d'Ivresse" Bourgueil. Black fruits, a light green note- pine meets tobacco leaf- but not distracting. Nicely balanced, light tannins, fresh acids, fine fruit. B/B+

2014 Chermette/Vissoux "Griottes" Beaujolais rose
Pale, crisp, snappy acids, stone tones, fun. B/B+

Saturday to my mom's in GA. Chose not to have New Age, Barefoot Chardonnay, or Fat ******* Shiraz with black snapper I made for dinner, and no wine sales on Sunday, so looks like Monday before I have a glass