Wayne

(Ryan) wrote in news:189b1c22.0408191349.524f6b32
@posting.google.com:

> Thanks!
>
> The recipes I saw all included chocolate, so I assumed it was a
> chocolate cake.
>
> Can someone describe the taste? I know that sounds odd, but here I am
> about to order one with no idea what to expect. I am curious.

Years ago a neighbor brought my mother a Red Velvet Cake. It was
intensely red, so I assume her recipe contained little, if any, cocoa or
chocolate. It was kinda pretty, but it was very bland.

I baked one several years after that from what was supposed to be an
"authentic" recipe. It contained cocoa, but not a lot. I think I was
still expecting it to be quite red. It was not, and that was
disappointing. Even the flavor of that cake was not impressive.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.