Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Seasoning Mix

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 11:17:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 20:44:24 -0700, sf > wrote:
> >
> > > http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=... .VW_IWs9VhBc

> > Oops, sorry. http://oi62.tinypic.com/312eo0k.jpg

> You sure do win with that meal based on looks.
> Could you post details or a whole recipe?
>
> Is that mushrooms on top of the pork?

Yes, quartered and sautéed in a fairly dry pan before I sautéed the
pork chops and then added them back after I thickened the sauce/gravy.

> And how did you make the sauce?

Pan juices & fond + a little chicken stock, slightly thickened with
cornstarch.

> What is the veggie underneath? Sweet potatoes? Hard to tell.

Roasted butternut squash (coated with olive oil and seasoned before it
went onto the baking sheet). It browned so well because it cooked
before I finished the rest of the meal, so I turned the oven off and
let them sit there. They browned more, but they weren't over cooked
(thank goodness). It's dressed in a homemade lemon vinaigrette that
was sweetened slightly in the bowl with a little real maple syrup.

BTW: if the squash had over cooked, I would have mashed it.

> Spinach on the bottom?

Yes. sautéed in garlic.

> I think I see a single garbonzo bean at the bottom of the plate.

That's garlic, I browned it a bit before I added the spinach.

I wasn't sure how that squash would pair with the spinach, but the
combo was fine. Best of all, it was a filling meal with no munchies a
few hours later.

--

sf