Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Seasoning Mix

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:46:19 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 08:55:06 -0400, William > wrote:
> > >

> > > what are you thinking of using this on?
> > >

> > I'm going to use the kitchen sink approach and see where I think it
> > works best. Chicken will be first. I'm not even sure at this point
> > if I should use it as a regular seasoning before cooking or as a
> > finishing salt.

> Definitely season before cooking. Gives the juices time to melt the
> blend and flavor it more evenly.

I cooked pork chops tonight and seasoned them with it before cooking.
I didn't tell hubby I was using that blend, so thought I was using
what I usually do and had no clue. He couldn't stop telling me how
good it was! Citrus was a background flavor, not something you could
name. So glad it worked!
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=... .VW_IWs9VhBc

--

sf