H. W. Hans Kuntze

Default Sacher torte

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:

>(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Sat, 18
>Oct 2003 14:42:31 -0700, during the rec.food.baking Community News
>Flash "H. W. Hans Kuntze" > reported:
>
> =20
>
>> 2 1/4 kg Cake Flour; Triple Sifted
>> =20
>>

>I was under the impression that a real Sacher Torte used no flour but
>only finely ground nuts - probably almonds.
>
>(But my Vienna born mother-in-law used to use ground hazelnuts, as
>they're cheaper.)
>
> =20

Not according to the inventor which was created by Chef Franz Sacher at=20
the beginning of 1832.

Sachertorte =96 Sacher Torte is a famous Viennese cake, probably the most=
=20
famous chocolate cake of all-time. It consists of chocolate sponge cake=20
cut into three layers (not at the Hotel Sacher), between which apricot=20
jam (or raspberry jam at Demel) are thickly spread between the layers=20
and on the top and sides of the cake. The whole cake is then iced with a =

dark Ganache and served with a side dish of whipped cream.

History: Was created by Chef Franz Sacher at the beginning in 1832 for=20
Prince Clemens Lothar Wensel Metternich (1773-1859) of Austria.

The ones that use nuts are Linzertorte and Doboshtorte.

But they are totally different.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"