Bolivar

tgodiver wrote:

> Can I hook my turkey fryer straight to natural gas instead of using it from
> the propane tank?

No!

Propane gas is heavier than natural gas, and therefore requires more
pressure.
And they also require different orifices to achieve the same BTU point.
You will have to adjust/change the pressure regulator.
You will have to change the orifices, depending on what the BTU rating
of your burner is.

Since you are trying to go from propane (heavier - higer regulator
pressure) to natural, if you do not adjust/change the reuglator, you
will create a dangerous oversupply of gas .

You will need to ascertain the BTU rating of your burner from the
literature, or the manufacturer, and then change orifices to the
appropriate size. The manufacturer should be able to supply the size
information (and maybe the actual orifices), or a commercial (restaurant
kitchen) supply/service company should have a chart for the orifice size
needed for either gas at any BTU rating. And they will probably have
them.

Boli