Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Ikea

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:57:10 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>>> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>>> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
>>> I shall go.
>>>
>>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>>> will still go and look.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
>>> but I am not paying for it so...
>>>
>>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
>>> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
>>> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
>>> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
>>> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>>> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>>> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>>
>>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>>
>> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>>
>> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)

I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:

http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html

They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)

John Kuthe...

---